West Lawn Memorial Park
West Lawn Memorial Park was founded in 1929 to provide Racine residents with a beautiful setting to lay loved ones to rest and to visit. It offers a small chapel that can seat 75 people and a reception building with space for gathering, as well. The park, which features fountains and garden mausoleums, hosts the impressive Avenue of Flags four times a year and a special Memorial Day service, a proud tradition at West Lawn, along with the carillon bell system.
- Hours: Daily, 7:30am to dusk
- Handicap Accessible: Paved paths, flat entrance into building
- Founding Date: 1929
- What makes this community special?: Supportive and respectful staff makes sure families are cared for during the preparations of laying a loved one to rest
- Parking: Free lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: When the American flags are hoisted to form the Avenue of Flags, the sight is breathtaking.
- Features: Benches
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires, No outside food, No pets
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 100 acres