Dan and Ginger Valentia moved to Sturtevant from Middletown, NY, in 2006 to start a business that had nothing to do with pizza. But after making pizza for their neighbors for a number of years, someone suggested they open their own restaurant.
The Valentia's opened the doors of Valentia Pizza in December 2011, and it's been a fun roller coaster ride ever since.
Dan Valentia created the recipe for his pizza dough. He started with a basic recipe he found online and after experimenting with flavors - including a top secret seasoning combination - came up with the perfect dough to make both hand-tossed (New York-style) and thin.
Surprisingly enough, neither Valentia has any formal restaurant training, but Dan Valentia's uncle owned a restaurant when he was a little kid. That eatery was built on Dan's grandmother's meatball and sauce recipe and it's a winning flavor the Valentia's use in their own place now.
Valentia's Pizzeria serves New York style pizza, plus sandwiches and appetizers, to eat in, take out or be delivered.
- Hours: Wed. & Thurs: 3 to 9pm; Fri. & Sat. 3 to 10pm; Sun.: 3pm - 9pm; Mon. & Tue.: Closed
- Founding Date: 2011
- Payments accepted: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Great homemade pizza, sandwiches and appetizers for dining in, carry-out, and/or delivery. They offer all-you-can-eat pizza on Wednesdays and perhaps will offer all-you-can-eat-pasta on Thursdays in the very near future.
- General services: Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: valentiaspizzeriawi.com
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizza
- Features: Dinner, Lunch