Go, Rebels! The William Horlick Rebels football team is headed for the post-season, and they are the only Racine Unified team to do so.
For their first match-up, Horlick will face Franklin. After winning their 2012 Homecoming game against Kenosha Tremper Friday 60-13, the Rebels are looking at a second chance to take on Franklin.
According to an analysis from The Journal Times, Horlick led the Sabers 20-14 at the half in that first game back in September. Two third quarter Franklin touchdowns, though, clinched it for the Sabers. The key for Horlick will be to keep their penalties down, according to writer Peter Jackel.
Seventeen schools within the Milwaukee Patch area are included in this year’s playoff field but Whitnall is one of only two among Division 3 schools. The other is Catholic Memorial, which is seeded third and takes on sixth-seeded Brown Deer at Carroll College at 7 p.m. Friday.
Additional Patch-area schools are:
- Division 1: (5 teams) Menomonee Falls, Sussex Hamilton, Muskego, Oak Creek and Racine Horlick
- Division 2: (7) Waukesha West, Brookfield Central, Brookfield East, Greendale, Shorewood/Messmer, Wauwatosa West and Whitefish Bay
- Division 5: (3) Brookfield Academy, Martin Luther and Racine St. Catherine’s
Other Patch-area postseason matchups include:
- Appleton East (#6) at Menomonee Falls (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Middleton (#6) at Sussex Hamilton (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Milwaukee Hamilton (#8) at Oak Creek (#1) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Muskego (#6) at Badger (#3) – Saturday, 4 p.m.
- Racine Horlick (#7) at Franklin (#2) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Waukesha West (#7) at Waterford (#2) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Milw. Bradley Technical (#8) at Brookfield East (#1) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Wauwatosa West (#4) at Greendale (#5) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- South Milwaukee (#6) at Brookfield Central (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Messmer/Shorewood (#7) at Whitefish Bay (#2) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Brookfield Academy (#8) at Brillion (#1) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Martin Luther (#6) at Laconia (#3) – Friday, 7 p.m.
- Howards Grove (#7) at Racine St. Catherine’s (#2) at Horlick Field – Friday, 7 p.m.