State Sen. Van Wanggaard and former state Sen. John Lehman will participate in a live candidates forum Thursday, May 24, in the .
Sponsored by the Caledonia and Mount Pleasant-Sturtevant Patch sites, with help from WGTD Radio, the at the , 8811 Campus Drive.
WGTD will broadcast the forum live on 91.1FM, and Patch will do a live blog of the event.
against Tamra Varebrook, the "protest" candidate tapped by the Republican Party of Wisconsin.
Our moderator for the evening will be Patch Regional Editor Mark Maley, and our timekeeper will be Bob Haggarty, president of Haggarty Insurance and Financial Services in Kenosha.
The format will go as follows:
- Candidates will each have two-minute introductions
- They will then answer six questions prepared by Patch and WGTD
- Candidates will alternate answering questions with three minutes for their primary answer
- Each candidate will get an additional minute for rebuttal and response
- Upon entering the auditorium, audience members will be asked to write questions on notecards, which will be delivered to the moderator
- Moderator will choose fo questions that are different than what has already been asked
- Candidates will each have three minutes to answer, again alternating who answers first
- There will not be rebuttals during this portion of the forum
- Candidates will each have two-minute closing statement
We hope to see you there.