It's always a hazard to release any list titled "All-Time Top 20" because it's subject to interpretation; lists are as individual as the person who compiles it.
However, a survey released Wednesday by Sony Electronics and the Nielsen television research company shows the top 20 answers when people were asked, "What are your most memorable television moments?"
Some who are middle aged and older will scratch their heads at some of the answers, wondering why some historic events didn't end up higher on the list, like the Cuban missle crisis or the fall of the Berlin Wall.
And honestly, how didn't the death of Michael Jackson make the list? There's also no mention of the tsunami that swept over Southeast Asia a few years ago.
Well, without further ado, here's the list:
1. September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks
2. Hurricane Katrina/levee breaks (2005)
3. O.J. Simpson murder trial verdict (1995)
4. Challenger space shuttle disaster (1986)
5. Death of Osama bin Laden (2011)
6. O.J. Simpson car chase (1994)
7. Earthquake and tsunami in Japan (2011)
8. Columbine school shooting (1999)
9. BP oil spill (2010)
10. Princess Diana's funeral (1997)
11. Death of Whitney Houston
12. Capture & execution of Saddam Hussein (2006)
13. Barack Obama acceptance speech (2008)
14. Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton (2011)
15. Assasination of John F. Kennedy (1963)
16. Oklahoma City bombing (1995)
17. Bush/Gore election results (2000)
18. Rodney King verdict/riots (1992)
19. Casey Anthony murder trial verdict (2011)
20. Funeral of John F. Kennedy (1963)