So maybe you didn't get that large screen TV at Walmart on Black Friday. It may not matter if you can manage get to local stores to buy a lottery ticket by 9 p.m. Wednesday.
The Powerball estimated jackpot now estimated at $550 million, according to the Powerball website, the largest in its history, with a $360.2 million cash value.
The previous top windfall was $365 million, and was claimed by eight co-workers in Lincoln, NE, in 2006.
While millions of Americans can have fun dreaming about how they'd spend the jackpot, the odds of winning are 1 in 175,000,000, according to lottery officials.
For a reality check, a ticket holder is 25 times less likely to win the jackpot than they are to win an Academy Award. However, as the adage goes, "you can't win if you don't play."
Here are some places in the area that sell lottery tickets. Depending on retailer hours, tickets are on sale until one hour before the draw. The draw will be at 9:59 p.m. Central time.
- Kwik Trip, 7155 Durand Ave.
- Sentry Foods, 5740 Washington Ave.
- Village Food and Liquor, 8929 Durand Ave.
- Citgo, 611 S. Sylvania Ave.
- Highland's Mobil Petro, 717 S. Sylvania Ave.
- Kwik Trip Store, 943 SE Frontage Rd.
- East Racine Petroleum- Phillip's 66, 8020 Durand Ave.
- Hwy. 20 Shell Plaza 13330 Washington Ave.
- Sturtevant Mobil Mart8920 Durand Ave.
- Village Liquor, 9604 Durand Ave.
- Express Mart, 9001 Durand Ave.
Click here to learn more about prizes and odds.
The Powerball numbers for last Saturday were 22-32-37-44-50, and the Powerball was 34. The lottery claimed more than 2 million winners on the Nov. 24 drawing, but no jackpot winners among the 42 states which participate.