VOTER GUIDE: 2012 Racine Unified Primary Election
On Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2012, six eligible candidates will be on the ballot for the Racine Unified School District Board of Education. Here's what you'll need to know.
When residents head to the polls for the Feb. 21 primary election, they need to remember to have with them a photo ID. This is the first election since the Voter ID was passed last year that requires all registered voters to show a government-issued photo ID in order to cast a ballot. Polling hours will be held 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Length of term: Three years
Pay: $3,600 per year
Who is on the ballot?
- Scott Brownell, 53, 6001 Trefoil Circle, pastor at Racine Assembly of God.
- Gretchen L. Warner (incumbent) 56, 2716 Red Fawn Court, CEO of the American Board of Funeral Service Education. Warner is seeking a third term in office.
- Kimberly M. Plache (incumbent) 51, 110 Emerald Drive, works as a senior community relations officer for the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority. Plache is seeking her second term in office.
- Roger Pfost, 80, of 3114 Caledonia St., retired. Worked as a real estate agent, a business operations manager, an operational systems consultant and an insurance claims manager.
- Brian Dey, 47, 4216 Mona Park Rd., President/CEO Turf Management, Inc. and Weed Commissioner for the Village of Caledonia. Racine Unified School District Board of Education 2005-2007; RUSD BOE Legislation Committee 2007-2008; RUSD BOE Business Management Committee 2005-2006; RUSD BOE Audit Committee 2007-2008; RUSD BOE Grievance Committee 2008; RUSD BOE Superintendent Search Committee 2008; Village of Caledonia Parks & Recreation Commission 2007-2009; Village of Caledonia Parks & Recreation Commission President 2009.
- Don J. Nielsen (incumbent) 65, 3317 N. Wisconsin St., retired from RUSD as a counselor at the Academy and Mack Center. Running for his third term on the school board.
- Kevin Cronin*
*Kevin Cronin said he would no longer campaign for the job. Even though his name will still be on the ballot, Cronin said he just got a second shift job and he won't be able to attend meetings.
Where to vote in Caledonia:
WARDS 1 & 2 St. Louis Church, 13207 Hwy G
WARDS 3, 4 & 5 Franksville Methodist Church, 10402 Northwestern Avenue
WARDS 9, 10 & 12 St. Andrew Church, 1015 - 4 Mile Road
WARDS 14, 15 & 17 East Side Community Center, 6156 Douglas Avenue
WARDS 16, 18 & 19 Prince of Peace, 4360 6 Mile Road
WARDS 6, 7 & 20 Holy Communion Lutheran Church, 5040 Northwestern Avenue
WARDS 8, 11 & 13 Grace Church, 3626 Hwy 31
Where to vote in Mount Pleasant:
WARDS 1, 2 & 16 Fellowship Baptist Church, 5607 Wright Avenue
WARDS 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 Peace Lutheran, 1616 North Newman Road
WARDS 8 & 9 Assembly of God, 1325 Airline Road
WARDS 10, 11, 12, & 15 Mount Pleasant Village Campus, 8811 Campus Drive
WARDS 13 & 14 Franksville Park Hall, 9614 West Highway K
WARDS 17, 18 & 20 Messiah Lutheran, 3015 Pritchard Drive
WARDS 19, 21, 22, & 23 Concordia School, 3350 Lathrop Ave.
Where to vote in Sturtevant:
ALL WARDS Sturtevant Village Hall, 2801 89th Street, Sturtevant