Cottage Drive Garage Fire Burns Motorcycles, Chickens
Resident says uninsured garage is a "total loss."
The South Shore Fire Department extinguished a blaze in the 2800 block of Cottage Drive Friday afternoon.
The Journal Times reported it took about an hour to put the fire out, and that the flames left the garage a "smoldering black shell." The JT article said firefighters weren't able to enter the burning building because of explosions due to an acetylene tank inside the garage.
The homeowners told the JT they lost two Harley-Davidson motorcycles, a riding lawnmower, 16 chickens, the workshop and tools housed in the garage.
The Journal Times also has video from the fire scene.